Skills Under Siege is committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy statement applies to the data collected by Skills Under Siege through the Skills Under Siege site www.skillsundersiege.org; it does not apply to other online or offline sites, or services.
Collection of Your Information
We collect information in order to operate effectively and provide you the best services and experiences we can. Some of this information you provide directly to us. Some of it we get by observing how you interact with our site. We believe it's important to treat that information with care and to help you maintain your privacy. The personal information we collect may include:
- Registration information - name, e-mail address, phone, postal address, demographic information, login and password.
- Information that tells us how you interact with our services, including the browser you're using, your IP address, location, cookies or other unique IDs, the pages you visit and features you use.
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services. All payment information you submit is collected and used by our payment processors in accordance with their privacy policies. Skills Under Siege doesn’t store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your account, expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes;
- Your Facebook information if you are signing up via Facebook connect (This will authenticate your identity and link your Facebook Profile information, such as your name and email address, to your Skills Under Siege account).
- Your Google+ information if you are signing up via Google+ connect (This will authenticate your identity and link your Google+ Profile information, such as your name and email address, to your Skills Under Siege account).
- Information that you submit to Skills Under Siege in the form of discussions, or messages to our media team or help team.
We use a number of methods and technologies to gather information about how you use our sites and services, such as:
- Web forms, such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a search box.
- Technologies like cookies and web beacons
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every web site you visit - such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from - as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and services.
Use of Your Information
Skills Under Siege uses the information we collect to operate, improve and personalize the services we offer and to provide the service(s) or carry out the transaction(s) you have requested or authorized. We also may use the information to communicate with you.
Sharing Personal Information
When we share your personal information with third parties to provide services for us, they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose and must keep it confidential.
We may share or disclose personal information, including the content of your communications:
- To comply with the law or respond to legal process or lawful requests, including from law enforcement and government agencies.
- To protect the rights or property of Skills Under Siege or our customers, including enforcing the terms governing your use of the services.
- To act on a good faith belief that access or disclosure is necessary to protect the personal safety of Skills Under Siege employees, customers or the public.
Except as described in this statement, we won’t disclose personal information you provide on the Site to a third party without your consent.
Please note that our sites may include links to third-party sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of Skills Under Siege. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. view the privacy statement of any site you visit.
Access to Your Personal Information
This site gives you the ability to view or edit your personal information online. To help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you first will be required to sign in. You can review and edit the personal information you provided at this Site from Account Settings
Skills Under Siege may retain your personal information for a variety of reasons, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and as long as necessary to provide services.
Security of Your Information
Skills Under Siege is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. For example, we store the personal information you provide on computer servers with limited access that are located in controlled facilities. Additionally, when we transmit sensitive personal information (such as a credit card number or password) over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share it. If you are sharing a computer, you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
If you receive promotional e-mails from us and would like to stop getting them in the future, you can do so by following the directions in that message.
Links to social media widgets
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will occasionally update our privacy statements to reflect customer feedback and changes in our services. When we post changes to a statement, we will revise the "last updated" date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement or in how Skills Under Siege will use your personal information, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review the privacy statements for the services you use to learn how Skills Under Siege is protecting your information.
We welcome your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you have questions about this statement or believe that we have not adhered to it, please contact us by e-mailing email@example.com